1. I’ve eaten clinically-relevant doses of sulforaphane every day for 104 weeks now with microwaved 3-day-old broccoli, red cabbage, and mustard sprouts. That’s 8+ times longer than any sulforaphane clinical trial.
I continue to:
- Eat Avena nuda oats for breakfast;
- Eat 3-day-old hulled Avena sativa oat sprouts twice a day;
- Eat AGE-less chicken vegetable soup twice a day;
- Take supplements that promote healthspan twice a day;
- Exercise at least 30 minutes daily;
- Take yeast cell wall β-glucan daily, with nothing else an hour before or after; and
- Avoid undue stress by working from home 40 hours a week in my 25th year as a professional software developer.
2. I’m not especially scientific or maniacal about the above practices, other than weighing sprouting seeds. I pay attention to people who measure everything, but won’t turn my life into a series of unfeeling experiments. As Dr. Arthur Janov said:
“What is the point of life if we cannot feel and love others? Without feeling, life becomes empty and sterile. It, above all, loses its meaning.”
3. Beginning last month, our world was subjected to yet another wave of propaganda, with predictable oppression of those who reported obvious lies and distortions. Previously exposed agendas took a back seat to regain their venom, as their effects waned in herding people toward personally devastating cliffs.
Meme perpetrators don’t care about you or me. Spending our time on their ideas, beliefs, and behaviors takes us further away from dealing with our individually motivating causes and individual truths, with real consequences: a wasted life.
Value your own one precious life. Winter is over, spring is here.