1. I’ve continued daily practices from Year Two with microwaved 3-day-old broccoli, red cabbage, and mustard sprouts for 13 times longer now than any sulforaphane clinical trial. The main difference over the past year is that I eat AGE-less chicken vegetable soup 3-4 times a week rather than twice a day. That was just too boring, plus I stopped eating lunch. My other dinners are often steamed vegetables and seafood.
I frame these efforts as tactics in a strategy of delaying my body from doing more to kill itself every year:
- Eat Avena nuda oats for breakfast;
- Eat 3-day-old hulled Avena sativa oat sprouts twice a day;
- Eat AGE-less chicken vegetable soup 3-4 times a week
- Take supplements that promote healthspan twice a day;
- Exercise at least 30 minutes daily;
- Take yeast cell wall β-glucan daily, with nothing else an hour before or after; and
- Avoid undue stress by working from home 40 hours a week in my 26th year as a professional software developer.
Tactics’ main components activate AMPK, Nrf2, and associated signaling pathways, and inhibit pro-inflammatory pathways such as NF-κB. But fixing inflammation doesn’t repair all existing damage. I wonder what could have been physically resolved if I had started earlier.
I haven’t had another three-year period in my life where I wasn’t sick even once!
2. One place I take clues from are successful anti-aging animal research efforts such as a study reviewed here earlier this month. Last curated in Improve your internal environment, improve its constituents’ functions, it used plasma fraction treatment. Plasma fraction eclipsed a caloric restriction treatment’s previous record for maximum species lifespan by 5%.
This type of research clearly isn’t a priority for official sponsors to fund, though. Take responsibility for your own one precious life.
2 thoughts on “Year Three of Changing to a youthful phenotype with sprouts”
Hey there! 🙂 Just wondering whether the list of supplements you take has changed from your last year’s post? (you posted it in the comments)
Thanks so much!
Hi Gerhard! How are you getting along?
I changed a little bit as posted in How to measure biological age? Started extra boron, backed off extra B12 and biotin.