I started panning 3-day-old broccoli sprouts before microwaving them in 100 ml of water with a 1000 W microwave on full power for 35 seconds. See Week 6 of Changing an inflammatory phenotype with broccoli sprouts for why I stopped panning. This is a typical yield from one tablespoon of broccoli seeds:
If I have fewer broccoli sprouts, I did something to stunt their normal development.
Still not sure that spent broccoli seed coats cause heartburn as mentioned last week. Being locked down for months – or drinking a lot of coffee and tea – may have more to do with it.
2. I continue to see encouraging signs. Made four-to-six-mile-long beach walks Friday, yesterday, and today, and haven’t felt any left-ankle or left-knee inflammation afterwards! Ran a mile yesterday for the first time in a long time, though, and my quads are sore.
3. More often than not, this is my AGE-less dinner (half) then the next day for lunch. I adapted it from pages 198 (Chicken with Lemon-Caper Sauce) and 238 (Homestyle Chicken Soup) of Dr. Vlassara’s AGE-Less Diet: How a Chemical in the Foods We Eat Promotes Disease, Obesity, and Aging and the Steps We Can Take to Stop It.
- 1 organic lemon
- 1 organic tomato
- 2 organic carrots
- 3 stalks organic celery
- 4 organic mushrooms
- 4 cloves organic garlic
- 6 oz. organic chicken breast fillet
- 1 cup organic pasta
- 1 cup frozen organic peas
- 1 cup sauvignon blanc
- 32 oz. “unsalted” chicken broth, which still contains 24% of the sodium RDA
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- ground black pepper to taste
Peel the lemon, slice into 1/4″ rounds, de-seed, combine with chicken and wine in a 6-quart Instant Pot.
Add tomato, carrots, celery, mushrooms, garlic, chicken broth. Start a 30-minute Saute.
Take the chicken out at Minute 20, dice it, add back in with the pasta. Add peas at Minute 25. Add capers and pepper five minutes after the Instant Pot turns off.
4. My AGE-less breakfast is 1/2 cup steel-cut oats soaked overnight in 2 cups distilled water. Cook for 18 minutes at 80% power in a 1000W microwave. Eat with a handful of walnuts.
“The angrier you got, the more silly it became. Then you just found yourself in a bigger cage.
We live in a world now of social media where you can say something stupid and get a bunch of attention. But now you’re just imprisoned in some other paradigm.”